People who fit into one or more of the following categories are eligible to apply for SERVE:
- Current undergraduate students (including incoming first-year or transfer students)
- Recently or near-separated service members
- Separated service members with undergraduate degrees in a STEM field
- Active-duty service members with education benefits
- Active-duty officers seeking to continue their education and promotion through graduate degrees (both master’s and doctoral)
- Veterans who already have an undergraduate degree in a STEM field and are working in industry will be actively sought through our industrial partnerships. These individuals will be paired directly with faculty working on defense-related projects in their area of interest.
► Students interested in an undergraduate degree can apply to UT at admissions.utk.edu.
► Students interested in a graduate degree should apply through the UT Graduate School and check the department of their discipline for any additional admission requirements. View a list of helpful information before applying to UT for graduate school.
Once enrolled, students will become eligible to join the SERVE program. Complete this interest form to get started.